Wednesday, April 8, 2009

On the route 101 and on


And so it starts. My new life as a trainer, I'm turning back and never coming home. The route is short and I end up in oldale town, I still don't know how you can call a place with a few houses a town but at least it has a pokecenter and mart.

Though the mart lacks in pokeballs so I can't get any. I tried to see what was to the west but a rude man said he found "rare" footprints and kept shoving me back. The nerve of some people. So I head north... where I find a strange bird that utterly demolishes blaze, poor blaze I guess I can't completely rest on his strength and run away from this bird demon. I need those pokeballs quick it's too risky to just have one.

I find Birch's son to the north and he immediately challenges me to a battle, even though Blaze is clearly weakened by having to fight through the high grass for me to get here. I'll show him though.

The battle was close but the potion I had turned the tide in my favor and he had to submit to me. I have to say that is a good feeling, I can't wait to take on a gym leader and not a random boy in the wild. At least he was decent enough to give me winnings for this fight. He says we should go see his father. Maybe he'll give me something for this glorious accomplishment so I follow.

His father is pleased with me and gives me this device called the pokedex. Why does everything have a poke prefix? Whatever, I take the thing it might prove useful. He then has the decency to give me some pokeballs, now I can go out and catch my own pokemon. With my goods in hand I plan to cut this town out of my life.






But just as I try to leave my clueless mother has to show up. She give me some speach and gives me a pair of shoes... How stupid do you have to be to give your only daughter who is leaveing a pair of shoes? This makes my resolve even stronger to never come back.

On the way I test out my new pokeballs and capture a "wurmple" I'll call him stringy. It was easy, I don't know how this could ever get hard. I let stringy have a few fights just to see what he's made of, he may prove useful in the future but now he's just a little pathetic worm.

I return to Oldale and want to see if the guy who forced me around is finished. It seems it was his own footprints. The moron, but with him out of the way I go west. To the west I find and capture some weird lily pad pokemon, I'll call him leaf. With this water leaf thing I decide maybe I could take on the demon bird to the north, and what do you know, there he sits. After a minute he's sitting my backpack, I'll call him cage, becuase he's no longer free now. Also to the north I find a dog like pokemon, I'll call him woof. Found another retarded rat thing decided to catch it, he'll be raggy. I find nothing interesting to the north so back to heading west.

And first person I see has the IQ of a rock and wants to fight. I use him to test the mettle of my newly acquired pokemon. Most are lacking and cage flat out faints, amazing how he hurt blaze before but now he just seems useless. I have to use blaze to win but it is to be expected.

More fights happen, all cake. Then I find something strange some berry trees. I pick them and then plant a berry. Maybe I can keep harvesting these if I really need to. Waste not want not. Sringy learned how to use poision sting, he's already proving how good he can be with this development. I'm so glad I caught him.

I reach this petalburg "City" but it only has a gym and another large building. Not very citylike. It also has a kid that won't let me look around until I go in the gym. Kids are such a pain. So I go in and say hi to dad....








As always he has to make sure I know he wanted a son. Then as always he lets one of his students interupt us. So typical. He then makes me go with his new student and make sure he doens't get hurt grabing a pokemon, guess thats all I'm good for arn't I dad? He even gave him a pokemon and pokeballs to use. He never even did this much for me. Then this wally drags me out to the tall grass to catch a pokemon and practicly rubs the fact he's closer to my father then me in my face.

So he catchs a pokemon and somehow acts proud like it was hard or something. God this is just disgusting to do. We head back to meet dad and when I ask about fighting him he says I should get stronger. Well screw him, I'll get stronger and when I come back I'll crush him.

On the way out of town a strange man bumped into me, he said he was looking for "talented" trainers and left. He'll be sorry, they'll all be sorry when they see how talented I become.

No comments:

Post a Comment